Tips for Getting a “Just Coloured” Salon Look
COLOUR HAIR LIKE A PRO
When it comes to budgeting your beauty necessities, one of the first things that may fall to the wayside is that trip to the salon for professional haircolour. Or maybe you’ve never spent time in a salon but just love the natural look of salon colour. Follow these tips to get a great colour at home.
Clairol recommends …
- Strand test first. Colour a small patch of hair in a less noticeable spot to make sure you get the perfect colour.
- Treat roots and ends differently when colouring. It’s not necessary to pull your colour all the way through from roots to ends if you are touching up an existing colour.
- Make note of your hair’s thickness. Thicker, more coarse hair needs more colour and more time to process.
- Rinse your hair in cold water.
- Aim the dryer down the hair shaft to help reduce frizz when blow drying your hair.
- Use a deep conditioning treatment like Nice ‘n Easy ColorSeal™ to keep your haircolour looking healthy and shiny.