5 Tips to Make Your Haircolour Last
Now that you’ve got the beautiful colour you long for, how do you hold on to it? Here are 5 tips from our colour experts to help make your haircolour last.
- 1. Sunlight is haircolour’s nemesis. The UV rays can deplete colour-treated hair of its brilliance if strands are left unprotected. Hats are a fashionable way to protect your colour when you know you’re going to be spending time in strong sunlight, or try a scarf.
- 2. Whenever possible, rinse hair with fresh water after it’s been submerged in chlorinated water or saltwater.
- 3. Heat styling can ravage your hair year-round, but the damage is more evident in sunny weather. Let hair dry naturally when you can, but if you must use the blow-dryer, aim the nozzle down the hair shaft. This helps your colour look richer by reflecting more light.
- 4. Colour-enhancing shampoos and conditioners enhance the look of your colour-treated hair while protecting it against damage.
- 5. Reapply your haircolour as often as recommended according to the product you choose.