Tips for Getting a “Just Colored” Salon Look
COLOR HAIR LIKE A PRO
Add to Favorites
When it comes to budgeting your beauty necessities, one of the first things that may fall to the wayside is that trip to the salon for professional hair color. Or maybe you’ve never spent time in a salon but just love the natural look of salon color. Follow these tips to get a great color at home.
Clairol recommends ...
- Strand test first. Color a small patch of hair in a less noticeable spot to make sure you get the perfect color.
- Treat roots and ends differently when coloring. It’s not necessary to pull your color all the way through from roots to ends if you are touching up an existing color.
- Make note of your hair’s thickness. Thicker, more coarse hair needs more color and more time to process.
- Rinse your hair in cold water.
- Aim the dryer down the hair shaft to help reduce frizz when blow drying your hair.
- Use a deep conditioning treatment like Nice ‘n Easy ColorSeal™ to keep your hair color looking healthy and shiny.